People always ask me, “What happens when I reach my goal?” And, “What does weight maintenance look like?” It’s your job as a Coach to help people stay focused on their goals—and help them maintain after they reach them. Start by assessing where they are right now:
- If they’re losing weight happily, then it’s simple, keep it up. Keep them aiming to lose 2 lbs. at a time.
- If they’re not losing weight as fast as they’d like, they may need a pep talk from you. Sometimes making a lifestyle change to food requires more of a personal touch.
Remember, everyone goes at their own pace, and I always say, if you’re focused on someone else’s weight loss, you’re not focused enough on your own. As long as your participants keep following the 2B Mindset principles, they should be moving in the right direction, or at least they should be very clear on exactly what they need to do to see greater weight loss. One exciting discovery I made after working with hundreds of people in the test groups is that many people actually lose more weight in later months than they did in month one. It may take a while for your participants to fine-tune and discover the meals and techniques that lead to weight loss and a more positive mindset, but keep encouraging them to trust the process because that’s the best way to get the results they want. Below are some questions and suggestions you can use depending on where your participants are in their journey.
First of all, congratulations—1 month with your new mindset! You’re all doing amazing. Check out this video from Ilana and let’s keep hopping toward our goals!
A few questions for you:
- Are you following the 2 Bunnies?
- What have you loved and learned this month?
- Will you take photos, measurements, and share them?
Here are a few suggestions and reminders:
- Read through your tracker. Look back and see what worked for you and what hasn’t. (e.g., food, sleep, water, regularity, tracking, etc.)
- Make sure your house is stocked with all your go-to veggies, proteins, accessories, and fiber-filled carbs. You want to set yourself up for success.
- If you’re losing weight happily and consistently, keep going.
- Make sure you’ve watched all the videos; feel free to go back to them and refresh your memory!
If you’ve hit your goal and want to try adding more food, follow these tips:
- Add a snack if you’re not having one.
- Make sure you’re having FFCs at breakfast and lunch. Add one at dinner and track it.
- Experiment by increasing the amount of protein at a meal or by enjoying a few more accessories. Track and see what works!
If you’re not losing weight as fast as you’d like, follow these tips:
- Remember, this is not a race. 1—2 lbs. a week is darn good!
- Refer back to the tracker and make sure you’re tracking EVERYTHING.
- See if you can:
- Cut back on some of your accessories
- Cut your FFCs in half and add more veggies
- Drink more water
- Try a little less protein, or leaner protein options
- Try removing your snack
- Identify triggers if you think you’re eating for emotional reasons.
- Stay focused on yourself, your journey, and your progress, and don’t compare yourself to others. We’re all different, and trying to measure your weight-loss pace against that of someone else can really damage your mindset and motivation.
- Don’t compare your results to those you’ve experienced with other programs in the past. Even though someone may have lost 10 lbs. in a month with the 2B Mindset, maybe they lost 15 lbs. a month on their previous deprivation diet. This is an unfair comparison because it’s how you succeed in the end that counts. Perhaps the pounds came off faster on your last diet, but that may have also led to a rebound weight gain. Remember, the 2B Mindset is designed to help you lose weight happily, so you can keep it off for good!
- Consider adding some exercise.
I’M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. NOW YOU HAVE THE TOOLS YOU NEED, BUT I’M HERE FOR YOU FOR AS LONG AS YOU NEED, UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOALS AND BEYOND.